Sunday, October 4, 2009

Waterproof Digital Camera



If you haven't already heard, the new "it" thing is waterproof digital cameras. I chose the Olympus Stylus 790 SW Digital Camera. It is shockproof, waterproof (up to ten feet underwater), dustproof, and freezeproof (down to 14 degrees Fahrenheit) which makes it really durable. It also comes in 5 cool color options. It has all of the features of a normal digital camera, but this specific one has 7.1 megapixels and 3X optical zoom and 5X digital zoom. The coolest part is that you can take pictures underwater!

The price range of this camera is $196.60 - $220.43. You can buy this camera online or at Walmart. They probably also have it at many electronics stores. You have a one year limited warranty in case anything happens to the camera and needs to be replaced.

I chose this product because I have damaged many digital cameras due to water and if I had a camera like this I wouldn't have that problem. It would save people that are accident prone a lot of money. Also it is fun to take pictures underwater in the ocean or in the pool, especially on vacation, but you always have to buy those crappy, plastic, disposable, waterproof cameras. Now you can have a nice digital one and upload the photos to a computer! I just thought this product was really cool overall and some of my friends even have this camera and love it! I wish I had one!

1 comment:

  1. I think this is a great product as well. I had no idea these cameras where so cheap. I will definitely buy a waterproof camera, when it is time to buy a new one because it has all the same optical features and advancements, plus it wont get ruined. Also, a one year warranty makes me that more sure this product is hands down better then one that is not waterproof.

    ReplyDelete