Thursday, October 15, 2009

Thermofocus 5-in-1 Non-Contact Thermometer


Children have always been hard to handle when getting their temperature taken, I know I was! Thermometers have changed along side with technology. this new non-contact thermometer is as accurate as an ear or rectal thermometer. The device is placed near the middle of the child's forehead and it scans for the temperature. The temperature is taken in less than a second, which is a great way to take a child's temperature without even waking them up, it's no fuss!
Traditional oral and rectal thermometers can become a struggle to get a child to sit still for the few minutes, especially when sick. Ear thermometers were invented recently, and involve technology, but with ear wax build up, problems often occur with reading correct temperatures.
This non-contact thermometer can read temperatures anywhere, from the forehead to the arm pit. Other benefits of the non-contact feature includes the 9 memory function, easy to read ambient temperature, instantaneous accurate readings, and many more. Though this is meant for body temperature readings, this device can be used to check the temperature of a child's food, formula, and even their bath. Just shovel out the $69.99 , point, and read your temperature!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! This is a cool invention! And it sound's surprisingly cheap too. I wonder when I'll be seeing them at my doctor's office?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually came across this when I was in the hospital. The nurse came out of nowhere and ran it across my forehead which totally shocked me. She was done before I even knew what was going on, so this would work great for kids. It's way better than someone trying to put something in my ear.

    ReplyDelete