Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Laser Guided Scissors (Mina Iqbal)


This time around I decided to do my post on these scissors. I have always thought that companies should try to make everyday items more easy to use and find new techniques to enhance their products. This is why I chose these laser guided scissors. When I first saw them online I thought finally a way to cut in a straight line. I know that there are other products out there that can help cut things precisely, with thin blades, or can cut different shapes, but none that provide a sort of ruler with it unless you use a paper cutter, that cannot be carried everywhere either. So, introducing the laser scissors that helps you cut in a straight line, it has a laser attached to it, to guide your cut. It uses two button cell batteries, is perfect for craft projects, and not only does it cut paper, but also works well with fabric because of its stainless steel sharp blades. Of course one should be careful while using it because first they are sharp, and second direct contact with laser to eyes could be dangerous for kids.It aslo does come in other colors so if someone has a preference then no problem. You can find it for $14.99 on asseenontvguys.com plus eBay and Amazon has it too but the price range that I have noticed online is from $5-$25. I wasn’t able to find it on Wal-Mart’s or rite aid’s site though, so this probably tells us something about the reliability of this product, because it is one of As Seen On TV products which are rarely found anywhere although Wal-Mart is starting to carry some, but they don't have this yet. I chose this product because I wasn’t able to find anything unique in other products, so that’s when I came across this and thought ‘hmm this seems useful because you don't need a ruler', and also thought that maybe others might become interested in it for the same reason. On the other hand, I thought of this product’s inability to cut properly say for example if you move your hand, then you no longer are cutting straight because your line is not drawn so only after usuage one can tell of its preciseness. But, it is a simple product with its simple function.

No comments:

Post a Comment