Thursday, October 22, 2009

ABERCROMBIE & FITCH




I find these ads to interesting( not because i used to work there lol) but because they are soo sexual and its really not saling a product but a message and a image. ads for there jeans, for example,the ad never shows the jeans just a body part, the person is always dismembered. Men's jeans, the ad always shows the bottom part of the man's body and for women the shows the women doing something sexual and you still cant see the jean. But this strategy seems to work for A&F for they are one the most popular brands. Their ads aren't so much saling a product, but a message, an image

4 comments:

  1. I too think these ads are selling a message not a product and as a mother I think that message is dangerous because these models always look as though they're barely of age and I don't like the idea that my kids look at this ad and may think that is the way they need to be, either no body fat, sex at a young age and flaunt your sexuality even when your underage. An older person seeing a young person who doesn't totally get the dangers of acting/ dressing sexually promiscuously can take real advantage of the youth. Plus how many teens now have eating disorders trying to look like the models in these ads??????

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always shocked by their ads. Their main consumer is high school girls and guys and their ads always feature half naked kids. It gross. When you go in the store, you have to purchase the book in order to look at it because they say it's not appropriate. (exactly my point.) I think they should tone is down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think those ads are hott! steamy and sexy, but i don't shop at A&F , nothing against it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I AGREE WITH KATHLEEN ON THIS ONE. THE MESSAGE THAT THIS IMAGE IS SENDING COULD BE A DANGER TO CERTAIN TEENAGERS WHO SELF-IMAGE ISSUES. IF A YOUNG GIRL IS LIKE A HEALTHY SIZE SIX AND SEES THIS AD, SHE IS PROBABLY MORE LIKELY TO DEVELOP AN EATING DISORDER IN ORDER TO FIT THE "STANDARD SIZE OF BEAUTY" OR THINK "I HAVE TO BE THAT THIN IN ORDER TO WEAR THESES CLOTHES".

    ReplyDelete