Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Baja Fresh Quesadilla (Jennifer Mendez)


I had just finished working out and I was sooo hungry. I went to Baja Fresh and ordered this delicious Quesadilla platter. Now, is this carb city? YESSS Did I care? NOOOO. While enjoying this food, I had an interesting thought about women and how we treat food. As I have stated earlier, I work out. What is the motivation behind most women who work out? While motivations may vary, weight is the most common. What is the motivation to eat for most women? While nourishment and energy are key, emotion is most common. Women are bombarded with so many images about how emotional eating is wrong and dieting is the best solution. Do women realize that dieting is just a transferance of their emotional distress? The media feeds women the idea that they are robots and not human beings. I'm tired of the media telling women that women cannot feel, women cannot eat, women cannot enjoy sex, and women cannot be selfish. These are all human wants that women have just as much as men do.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you! I have done my blog posts about weight and women and how the media portrays that. I like how you wrote about a specific food item but generalized it so that everyone can relate. I like how you brought to attention the reason behind why women work out and eat, and we see that the don't match. Good Job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, from the finder of Bacon Soap, and often referred to as "A Mans Man" I have to say that counter to what one might expect me to say, I love this article! It is indeed such a double standard in this world for men vs. women... ESPECIALLY when it comes to things like sex and aggression. It is so ingrained from a young age that women are to appear to be docile, virginal princesses. To me, I would rather be around women who are not afraid to speak their mind and own their sexuality.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't been to a Baja Fresh in a while that I've forgotten what the food is like. That quesadilla platter does look delicious though. I mostly choose Rubio's when I'm looking for some Mexican fast food. Taco Bell? Del Taco? No thanks!

    ReplyDelete