Monday, October 26, 2009


GodefroyMascara Warmer
This is a product to enhance the mascaras that readers own. According to the manufacturer's website, this item eliminates clumps in mascara and provides a smooth, professional application of the cosmetic. To use, plug in the electric unit and place the mascara tube in the warmer for five to seven minutes. Remove the mascara tube from the unit and apply to the lashes. You too may have longer, darker, curlier lashes for $19.95 plus the cost of shipping (mascara not included). I'm sure this product does what it claims to do: warm the mascara tube so that the cosmetic is more liquid. I don't know that this step is entirely necessary what with all the cosmetic companies claiming that their mascara is new and improved and have the best brushes ever, and some as we have learned even have vibrating brushes. In my mind, I shouldn't have to buy another product to use to put on makeup that comes with its own applicator. I could hold a tube of mascara under a blowdryer for a minute or two to warm it if I really had a great desire to, or even wrap a warm wet washcloth around the mascara for a minute. Both of these options use an item that most people already have in their bathroom, and eliminates making room for one more single-purpose item. The mascara warmer is relatively inexpensive so if consumers decide that this is something that they must have, the cost is minor. I find it interesting that a cosmetic product to enhance my lashes might need an accessory to make it work.

No comments:

Post a Comment