Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Skinny Jeans (Irvin Burton)

The newest trend hitting this teen generation: skinny jeans. What an amazing new trend to have to deal with! I've always been the type to wear loose fitting jeans---particularly because when jeans are too skinny, I can't move properly. This is stranger than strange, as the last generation of jeans wore them too big. But the skinny jeans don't just stop with our teenagers; Every song on the radio talks about skinny jeans to some degree. I'm surprised to hear lyrics describing people walking down the street in a rough neighborhood "wearing skinny jeans but ready to fight." Ready to fight? I'd be impressed that you could move in a pair of jeans like that! Since I work at a department store, watching these teens buy all of these jeans is almost amusing. I've watched parents come in and ask questions like "Are these jeans for boys or girls?" "Is this what the kids are wearing these days?" or "You look ridiculous! why do you want those jeans?" I can't say much about this topic though. I went through my own faze in my teenage years. I wore baggy jeans AND sagged them below my butt. To my parents and adults alike this must have looked ridiculous! However, having been a teenager myself, I know these kids will grow out of it. There is no doubt in my mind.

1 comment:

  1. It is the most amusing thing to see muffin top ppl in them, they think they are soooo cool haha... it almost makes me feel bad for them but I look & can't help but laugh...

    ReplyDelete