Sunday, October 4, 2009

Post #2 Botox

Botox is a drug made from a toxin that produced by the bacterium Clostridium botulinum. It's the same toxin that cause a life-threatening type of food called botulism. Doctors use this type of drugs in small doses to threat health problems such as temporary removal of facial wrinkles. Just a few injection on your face, hands, arms, or legs that Botox can give the fast result, non surgery, and look younger.

Cost of Botox Injections

The national average cost of a Botox injection is just over $375. However, the cost of Botox treatment varies from area to area. The northeasten United States had the highest Botox average cost, at just over $500, while the easten states had the lowest average, at $370. Most practices have a flat cost for each injection of Botox Cosmetic, though some will break it down by "units" used per treatment. Flat rates are usually somewhere between $300 and $1000, while per-unit rates are usually around $10-$15 per unit.

3 comments:

  1. I'm a little saddened by the lengths that people will go to in order to look younger, and the thought that this behavior will become the norm. Having a toxin injected into your face to temporarily paralyze muscles just seems like a poor response to aging. The marketing is primarily slanted toward aging women, which reflects the attitude that a large part of women's value is in their appearance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very saddened too. I believe that women should embrace age, wisdom, and even wrinkles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could never do this, it is just very scary to me to poke holes in my face or in any part of my body for that matter just to "look younger". It actually kills the cells in the part of your body doesn't it, why would you want to do this?....I understand if an older woman who just wants to feel beautiful or younger would WANT to do it but some one who is young ...why?...but anyway I am sacred to even get my flu shot so I would be terribly scared to even consider gatting this done.

    ReplyDelete