Monday, September 28, 2009

SIGG Loop Top Water Bottle (Thomas Wolfe)

The object I chose to write on is the SIGG Loop Top Water Bottle. This is a water bottle that is made from a single piece of aluminum and is advertised as "virtually unbreakable". It is made with no seams and is therefore leak-proof. It holds 1 liter of fluid (33.8 ounces) and has a inner liner made from a non-toxic, water based epoxy resin making it leach free (meaning that it will never taste or smell like the metal of the container. It comes with a loop top cap, which can be secured via a caribiner clip to a backpack and at the end of it's life, it is 100% recyclable and backed by a lifetime warranty.
You can buy a SIGG water bottle at quite a few retailers these days (including the CSUN Matador Bookstore) as well as straight from the retailer's web page (http://mysigg.com). The advertised price on the SIGG website is $24.99.
SiGG Switzerland is a company started in 1908 outside of Zurich manufacturing all kinds of products out of aluminum (mostly saucepans, frying pans and bottles).
I have chosen this product because it is very popular with many groups of people. Having a good water bottle is both practical and is starting to become very trendy as well. SIGG water bottles come in a variety of colors and styles and because of their high durability they are at the top of the market right now.

3 comments:

  1. I like the product, but the pricing is completely ridiculous for a water bottle! I have a few metal water bottles with the loop top and the one piece design and I think I paid like $4 for each one. Eventually everyone will drop a water bottle and paint chips off of the bottle, I really doubt someone is going to ship the water bottle back to the factory for its lifetime warranty. Like myself they will probably by a new one it needed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very happy to hear that if dropped the water bottle won't break. My CSUN plastic water bottle slipped out my hands the other day and cracked. However, I do agree that it is way over priced! $25.00 for a water bottle, are you serious! But, at the same time if I am guaranteed that it's leak proof and unbreakable I would consider purchasing one. What other colors does the bottle come in?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This product interests me because I drink tons of water and when I am done I just chuck the empty plastic bottle into the back seat of my car. My friends all give me a hard time, and my parents think it is a waste because I just have a pile of plastic bottles in my back seat. I do recycle them, but the reason they are saying it is a waste is because sometimes I forget about the water I am drinking that day and leave them in the car and the water gets so hot that I cant drink it. If you didn't already know, you can get cancer from drinking a hot water bottle. The toxins from the plastic are released into the water when it gets hot. Therefore this product would be really useful if you can just refill it and there are no toxins. :)

    ReplyDelete