Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The GoGirl is a No-Go (Suzy Pasqualetto)

The GoGirl female urination device (yes, that's right: female urination device), claims to be a "neat, discreet and hygenic" way to "stand up to crowded, disgusting, distant or non-existent bathrooms."

It's unique flexible design and medical grade silicone body makes it easy to carry in your purse (eww) and reusable (eww.)

The product's website describes it as being perfect for women who enjoy the outdoors.

And while this product may seem strange to Americans, our lady friends over seas have been using female urination devices for years.


But let's be real here...

It's a funnel.

And that wouldn't be SO bad, except that it's a complicated funnel.

Ya see, I saw this as the answer to all of my "I got too drunk at the club and now I'm squatting in a parking lot on Santa Monica" problems. But if I'm too inebriated to find a proper bathroom, I'm too inebriated to work this contraption. Click the picture below for a demo on how to use the GoGirl (yeah, seriously):


But I digress...

The website for the GoGirl has some really interesting things to say when it was marketing, such as: "You won’t be like a man. You’ll just pee like one." How often does a product's marketers feel the need to reassure their women consumers that purchasing their product doesn't challenge their femininity?

2 comments:

  1. I saw a whole demonstration on TV about this item and honestly...it's wierd. I mean, if I'm going to pee in this contraption, how will I clean it? Gross!! It seems more sanitary to just squat and pee!

    ReplyDelete