Monday, September 28, 2009

Louis Vuitton By Jessica T.


A world of "high life" and "high spending". If you wanna make a statement try buying a thousand dollar hand bag namely, Louis Vuitton(LV). This brand is the best of the best. This hand made leather bag all started with a french trunk maker in 1854, By 1888, he had his signature brown and tan checked pattern, and by 1896, the now iconic monogram appears and stays making the world of fashion an art. Today there only about 100 LV boutiques in the USA and they come in different shapes, sizes and designs. These high quality high demand handbags range in price from 650$ to several thousand. This bag in my mind is not just a look to impress, it is an art. I bought my first LV for my 21st birthday in fabulous Las Vegas. I was drawn to a bag in the window of the LV store in Cesars Palace "i just couldn't resist." I have been in this "high fashion" society now for a few years and have been working my way up the chain from Dooney and Burke to Coach to Michael Kors now to LV i will suggest buying this product but I am not telling you to go spend your rent on a purse but i am telling you that it is definitely a confidence boost and the pride one will have of carrying a unique collective bag is a good felling.

4 comments:

  1. This blog made me grin because I have treated myself to a couple of these bags and had a friend who is completely uninterested in handbags look at me like I had lost my mind. I think that I have become less of a consumer since I grew to like this brand because I will save up for months for a new bag and think twice about small impulsive purchases.

    ReplyDelete
  2. While I can see the appeal in these items, and appreciate how it can give one confidence and aplomb, I can't quite imagine having something of that high caliber and expense. But then again, I have a high-end laptop, so it all comes down to personal taste. That said, I work at the Topanga Mall where they recently added both a Louis Vuitton and a Tiffany and Co. It's a notoriously high-end mall but it seems that virtually no one can afford its products. Especially in this economy, these stores seem increasingly incongruous to the national psyche. It was an interesting blog; thanks.

    As an aside, if you guys could explain to me how to make posts on the main blog, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks. Such as it, here's a link to my blog:

    http://davidwshopingblog.blogspot.com/

    ---David

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm curious if the original LV bags are noticeably different than their knockoffs? Are you able to tell the difference? SS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Working at the Airport in burbank, I see my fair share of these bags, and have also come to terms with how to tell whether the bag/suitcase is a knockoff or not. Its something to be carrying a hand bag, but its pretty outrageous to throw your clothes in one of these suitcases, especially b/c it gets dirty really fast, and scoff marks are a given.

    ReplyDelete