Monday, September 28, 2009

The Mind Flex (Chad Spindler)


I spent a long time thinking about something to write about on this blog I wanted to do something that was interesting and something that people could learn from. For my research I turned to my favorite study companion, the T.V. Half way through my research I came across a news channel doing a report on a new game called The Mind Flex. It’s a toy made by Mattel, to play the game the user uses a head set to send brain waves to a ball. The object of the game is to movie the ball with brain waves through different forms of obstacles. When a person puts the head set on and concentrates on moving the ball around the head set reads the brain waves and sends a signal to the console the ball levitates then to movie it around the obstacles you turn a knob.

When I saw this on T.V. then found out that it was coming out soon I was pretty impressed. I watched in wonder as a small ball was sent through a maze with only a person’s thought. The most intriguing thing about it is that with in a few years this technology will become more advanced and people will be able to do many things with their mind. It seems like a lot of technology for a child’s toy ages 8 and up but all new technology needs to start small. The Mind Flex game cost around $80 but good luck finding one, all the stores that sell them are sold out.

4 comments:

  1. That is pretty incredible! It reminds me of when I used to take biofeedback for my migraines. Back then there were very rudimentary games available: a simplistic Pac-Man-lite game, some sort of driving game, and a kind of cuddly virtual pet. While the games themselves were unremarkable, it was pretty fantastic that I could control the games with my thought. One could direct the cursor with your thoughts alone in conjunction with relaxation techniques. Thanks for sharing this article.

    As an aside, could you explain how you were able to create a post on the main blog; I cannot for the life of me figure it out! Thanks so much, Chad. Here's a link to my blog in the meantime:

    http://davidwshopingblog.blogspot.com/

    ---David

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I read about the Mind flex the only thing that came to my mind was that this is pretty amazing, but then I thought, how exactly does this product work? I mean this head set that you speak of doesn't that affect us in any way, because I am guessing you somehow have to concentrate, so whatever thing that is detecting your brain waves can harm you too no?....well anyways it was very interesting to read about this product, good choice and now I'm just wondering if this really works then what's next.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Really hard to believe that they have this advanced technology now and that it is going to be in a game for kids. It make me wonder what other technology they have but are not telling us about. Also what else can we do with brain waves??? Very interesting

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so awesome!! I would love to have one of these. It's pretty amazing that you can play a game that is controlled by your brain waves. I do wonder how well it works though. It's crazy how advanced we've become in Technology

    ReplyDelete