Sunday, September 27, 2009

Latisse Eyelash Enhancer


I chose to do my shopping blog on the Latisse eyelash enhancer. This product claims to thicken and darken your natural lashes by growing more. By applying this product nightly on the top lash line, your cosmetic results start to show in as little as 8 weeks, with full results between 12 and 16. This product can be prescribed to you by your doctor. The ad did not mention the price of the product, so I did my research. Latisse will run you a whopping $130 dollars a bottle, which lasts the 8 weeks necessary to obtain results. However, if you want to continue on for full results, you will need to purchase another bottle. I chose to blog about this particular product because I was highly skeptical and wanted to see if there were any documentations of it actually working. Granted it is not something all women need, but like most cosmetic products, I can see Latisse becoming a huge trend within the next few months. From a females perspective, I can see why this product would be so alluring. Women constantly struggle to maintain aesthetic perfection, and Latisse can help us with just that, by simply enhancing our natural features. No surgery, liposuction stitches, etc. needed. The negative side of this product is the temporary or permanent brownness in the eyes and upper lash line. Although it claims to be able to reverse the darkened pigment of the lash line after use, the discoloration in the eyes may be permanent. Lastly, Latisse warns us about hair growth in other places is Latisse is exposed continuously. In my opinion, I don't see why anyone would have any business exposing other parts of their skin to Latisse? I was remarkably surprised to find out these were the only downfalls. Besides red or itchy eyes, this product is legitimate and even FDA approved. Considering that some prescription drugs, such as birth control, can have such severe downfalls such as heart attack, stroke, or death, I think us women can bear the irritated eyes. As the saying goes, pain is beauty.

8 comments:

  1. I would like to add that I have not used this product, but in my research I have found countless success stories. It helps that it is FDA approved, at least we know we are getting our money's worth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe I have actually seen a commercial for this product and like you said, I was kinda skeptical. I haven't met anyone who has used it, but I'm not gonna lie, I would love to have longer lashes. I guess it's a girl thing. I didn't know you had to have a prescription for it. That's crazy. I also don't think I would spend $130 on it either. I can see women who would spend that money though. Those who strive to be perfect and spend thousands of dollars on plastic surgery. This would actually be cheaper and less painful. So I agree with you in that I can see it becoming a trend soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought this would be really cool too, until I read about how it may cause dark spot on your eyes and that freaked me out. In general though It seems like a cool invention, but in a creepy weird science way.

    Alix Turner

    ReplyDelete
  4. yea I agree I thought it was an incredible idea but the down side is the spots in the eyes and also if you stop using it your lashes will go back to "normal". what if people get an allergic reaction or an infection, and in the eyes it is a sensitive area....I dont know it is just weird for me to put some types of chemical to the eyes, And I still get freaked when i use drops...

    ReplyDelete
  5. what really scares me about this project is getting an allergic reaction....that would be very scary!! When i first saw the commercial with actress Brooke Shields I thought it looked interesting, and wanted to know more about it, so I am glad that you decided to pick this product to blog about. Let's be honest, every girl wants thicker, and darker lashes, but what extent will women go to be beautiful. Do guys really care about how full girls eyelashes look? I doubt it. You can also get your eyelashes tinted these days at a beauty salon...maybe that may be more safe, and defintely less expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its really interesting topic. I saw one of the commercial simmilar to this product on Asian Chanel, but it's different brand. I wanted to buy to try it because I have such a thin and short eyes lash. But after reading this topic, I think I have to give up because this product is really expensive and have to keep using it, if not the eyes lash will be back to normal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wouldn't it be great if there were drugs without side effects? I'm pretty sure there's a condition where people are born without eyelashes, so I wuld imagine this would be a great product for them.
    I'm curious to see how long this lasts on the market because the browning of the eyelids and eyes seems like it's not worth it if you can just put on some mascara.

    Anna Kirshon

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have seen the commercials for this product and it did attract my attention when I first saw it. I as well questioned whether it worked or not. And to this day havent heard of anyone who actually uses it. I would love longer darker lashes because it would save me money on buying all these mascaras that only help my lashes look longer by a tiny bit. Although it turned me off once they said it can darken the skin where the product is being applied. Even though it can be reversable I prefer to stick to my small lashes and keep my lash line my own skin color. Am very curious to hear from someone who has used it to see if it really works.

    ReplyDelete