Sunday, September 27, 2009

"BABY ALIVE" by Cristina

Yesterday I was sitting at home watching TV when I saw a commercial for Whoopsie Doo doll part of a line of dolls made by Hasbro called Baby Alive. "Whoopsie Doo" the name it self is a bad doll name but when I heard what the doll could do I needed to know more. I'm a very big doll fan. I grew up with dolls and still have the ones I played with. Let’s just say I was the girl that tucked her dolls into bed with her at night for a long time. My baby dolls were precious to me and because of that I LOVE buying my nieces and cousins their first dolls and letting them play with mine. If anyone knows a lot about dolls I do. I believe there are two major things that set people apart from dolls; eating and pooping. This doll does both! According to their website www.Hasbro.com "Playing "mommy" is more fun than ever with this BABY ALIVE doll that "eats" and "poops" just like a real baby!" Oh joy! This is the part of raising a child that no one looks forward to. This product goes too far.

This doll is available online and in stores where toys are sold such as, Target, Wal-Mart, Toys R Us, Amazon.com, Kmart, ect. You can purchase a Whoopsie Doo doll for $29.99, not bad for a doll that does more than most! Your Whoopsie Doo doll comes with 2 diapers, 2 juices mixes, a bottle, rattle, a t-shirt for the doll, and four AA batteries. What you do if put the batteries in your Whoopsie Doo doll and when she's happy she'll coo and giggle. When the doll isn't happy she will kick and cry until tended to. When she is unhappy she needs a diaper change or something to drink. The online description says "Feed her or give her a bottle, and then get ready to change her messy diaper!" Now doesn't this sound like fun?

This product along with other Baby Alive products brings baby dolls to the next level. The Baby Alive line includes clothing, new diapers, costumes, food, highchairs, Feel Better doll, pajamas, meal set, juice, and much more. By purchasing a Baby Alive doll you will also be needing packs of diapers since she only comes with 2 and more juice so the doll will be "happy." When you run out of diapers and juice please remember that you can always take the batteries out!

The people that would be interested in this product would be children particularly little girls, mothers and adults, and high school teachers. Now hear me out, I could see high school teachers using these dolls for those senior baby projects. Those projects where two people are paired up and forced to take care of a child or something that needs a lot of attention and symbolizes a child. And of course this produce is geared towards little girls with the baby doll dressed in pink and only coming in a girl doll form and not a boy. Baby Whoopsie Doo is also supposed to interest mothers and other adults so that they will buy them for their children or their relatives. I think this toy is ridiculous and I would never buy something that would poop, cry, eat, and want my attention all the time unless I got some kind of real satisfaction out of it...like you get from a real child.

3 comments:

  1. Gucci Sunglasses by Nelly Aivazian

    Almost all Americans have a pair of sunglasses that they use on a daily basis during the summertime. Regardless if your in the car driving or trying to enjoy a day at the beach, sunglasses are a must have accessory. These Gucci “Flora” sunglasses are a definite want and need of most girls and women in the fashion industry today. A distinct summer perk, this pair of sunglasses has it all from chic to style. The frame is fairly dark and by its oversized square appearance you can tell that it’s definitely trendy. The sides’ posses a flower print with goldtone temples that surely add elegance to any look. These sunglasses provide 100% UV protection.
    You can purchase these glasses from most department stores such as Nordstrom, Neimen Marcus, and Saks Fifth Ave., as well as the official Gucci stores worldwide. They are limited editions and are not always offered year round. This specific pair costs about $295.00, which is a high price for just a pair of sunglasses. Other styles of Gucci sunglasses can cost up to $500, so those who are willing to pay the price it’s comparably low.
    The reason why I chose to blog about these Gucci sunglasses was because it was something I considered buying myself. It caught my attention amongst the million others I looked at and analyzed, and this specific pair in my opinion was the nicest. I know a lot of people, both men and women who are interested in buying brand-name sunglasses either for themselves, family, friends or their significant other. It can always serve as an exceptional gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My comment is directed at Cristina's "Baby Alive":
    I must say it is pretty mind-boggling to imagine why anyone would a "toy" that would do all those things. And I've thought this since way back in the day when there was the doll that went on the potty.
    You mentioned relatives giving it a present to each others' children and I just can't help thinking that this would be a really evil gag gift. Think about it, the child would think it was great, while the parent would be subjected to fake crying, etc.
    That's just mean and evil.
    And really... the more I think about it... I guess it could be a good tool within very limited guidelines. But at the end of the day it's still just a battery-powered toy that when you don't want to (or have to) deal with it anymore, you can turn it off and put it on a shelf.
    Even a goldfish teaches more about being responsible and making good choices. At least a fish is actually, REALLY, alive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard of dolls that could pee and eat but never dlls that could poop. Honestly, I don't see why a child would want to have a doll like that. I can imagine parents hating it because they'll probably be the ones cleaning up the mess. You have a good point how teachers might want to use it for their parenting class, however, teenagers can just take out the batteries and problem solved.

    ReplyDelete